The San Diego Union-Tribune
SAN DIEGO — The unintended fentanyl publicity hit Deputy David Faiivae briefly. It used to be an overdose. He used to be loss of life. A body-worn digicam stuck the instant Faiivae collapsed flat on his again in a San Marcos car parking zone ultimate month, seconds after he completed trying out a white powder he’d suspected used to be both cocaine or fentanyl. The sheriff’s deputy stared into the sky, his lungs locked as he struggled for air. If now not for a quick-thinking spouse, he can be useless. Faiivae’s near-fatal overdose July 3 used to be the topic of a four-minute video launched through the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department this week….