Since its advent in 2001, Creative Commons (CC) has helped free up just about 5 million virtual open photographs of cultural heritage held in cultural heritage establishments the use of CC gear. We have additionally been selling open tradition to construct a extra equitable, obtainable, and leading edge international, and it’s in accordance with this wealthy enjoy that our Open Culture program now helps higher sharing of cultural heritage globally.
Today, we’re proud at CC to announce the newsletter of Towards higher sharing of cultural heritage — A Creative Commons Call to Action to Policymakers, a easy, concise, and obtainable useful resource that goals to reinforce policymakers with key arguments to reform coverage — specifically copyright — to reach higher sharing of cultural heritage within the public passion.
Drafted via a small crew of open tradition advocates of the Creative Commons Copyright Platform and Open Culture Platform — Shanna Hollich (CC US), Emine Ozge Yildirim (KU Leuven), Maarten Zeinstra (CC Netherlands) and Brigitte Vézina (Director of Policy and Open Culture) — this useful resource:
- summarizes key takeaways from the 2022 CC coverage paper Towards Better Sharing of Cultural Heritage — An Agenda for Copyright Reform;
- applies the teachings discovered right through a CC digital workshop for coverage professionals and open tradition lovers held in May 2022, and;
- distills a lot of conversations with and via the CC open tradition neighborhood held between June and October 2022, in addition to direct report enter amassing concepts, comments and real-life examples.
This newsletter gives a foundation for a shared imaginative and prescient on higher sharing and makes a choice for 5 movements:
- ACTION 1: Protect the general public area from erosion
- ACTION 2: Reduce the time period of copyright coverage
- ACTION 3: Legally permit important actions of cultural heritage establishments
- ACTION 4: Shield cultural heritage establishments from legal responsibility
- ACTION 5: Ensure recognize, fairness, and inclusivity
We’ll be presenting the newsletter at Open Nederland’s Public Domain Day 2023 on January 13, 2023, on the National Library of the Netherlands in The Hague. More knowledge and registration for this hybrid tournament: https://publiekdomeindag.nl/.
Do you need to grasp extra about open tradition at Creative Commons? Write to us at email@example.com.
The put up CC Publishes Global Open Culture Call to Action to Policymakers seemed first on Creative Commons.